Saturday, April 24, 2010
A Watched Uterus Does Not Contract
I must have a five-star uterus. If AAA visited my uterus, they would surely take a look around and award me their AAA Five Diamond Award. If the fictitious hotel association from Ocean's Thirteen spent a night in my womb, I would have a diamond necklace dangling from my belly. What is Zagat's symbol of excellence? I'd have that, too.
Okay, so I'm still 11 days ahead of my due date, but I'm two days past the original due date I fixated on for the majority of the pregnancy, and once you have that first date in your mind, it's hard to get it out. It doesn't help my mind to know that altitude babies are often born early...three of my friends here delivered their babies an average of two weeks early. Of course I'm the one that will go past her due date.
I'm taking more walks than I typically do, hoping to 'walk the baby out'. I've considered taking some Castor oil on the sly, until I remember the particular look my OB gives me over his half-glasses when I mention such things. I've heard some women go into labor after having eggplant parmesan at a particular restaurant in the northeast - maybe I should email them for the recipe.
If anyone knows of any other labor-inducing tricks, I'm all ears. I just won't tell my OB about them...
Lynda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay, so this was hilarious! More so after knowing that you have been holding that sweet little girl in your arms today!
Post a Comment