Deciding Levi's Halloween costume didn't really take any consideration. Early on, I knew I wanted to dress him as a sock monkey, but I was disappointed with the costume options I found online. They didn't look exactly like the socks used to make real sock monkeys, and accuracy is very important to me. So...I decided to make one.
I ordered about eight pairs of extra-large Rockford red-heeled socks, and when they arrived, I thought, "Now what? I can't sew!" I visited websites looking for ideas, and one clever mom suggested sewing a costume over a sleeper, for added warmth. Well, it's quite cold here by Halloween, so I knew this was the solution, and hoped I could pull it off.
Here's an early shot of the construction...
I ordered about eight pairs of extra-large Rockford red-heeled socks, and when they arrived, I thought, "Now what? I can't sew!" I visited websites looking for ideas, and one clever mom suggested sewing a costume over a sleeper, for added warmth. Well, it's quite cold here by Halloween, so I knew this was the solution, and hoped I could pull it off.
Here's an early shot of the construction...
He'll wish someday I'd never taken this picture...but I did. And I love it.
And a bonus shot. After the costume, we tried on Levi's new hat and mittens. This picture makes us so happy!
Lynda
1 comment:
I have to say besides my daughter Rowen, Levi is the cuttest little guy!!!!
What a GREAT costume!!! You are so creative!
Post a Comment