Levi is six months old! At his six-month check-up this week, he weighed 13 pounds, 13 ounces, measured 26 1/2 inches, and braved his vaccinations with little fussing. I'm watching him on his play gym right now, and it's hard to imagine the tiny baby I brought home half a year ago. This baby is smiling, grabbing anything within arm's reach, and 'talking' almost non-stop. He's very social and notices when attention is going elsewhere. One short, plaintive cry restores attention to its rightful place, and all is well.
We celebrated yesterday morning by singing 'Happy Half-Birthday To You' and last night, we gave Levi vegetables for the first time. There were two distinct phases of the feeding...when Levi 'loved' green beans, and later, when he obviously did not. We couldn't figure out why there was such a drastic change in his reaction to the green beans until we watched the video again. Levi's had a head cold for about a week now, and we saw that partway through the feeding he coughed and sneezed. We think that when he sneezed, he reopened his nasal passages, and and as a result, re-awakened his taste buds. Once he could really taste the food, he was not impressed. It's encouraging, though, that he continued to eat it, even if it wasn't his favorite. You can see the videos by going to YouTube and searching for 'He Loves Green Beans' and 'He Doesn't Love Green Beans'. They're quite lengthy, so I combined and edited them into one, short video. I was really proud of myself until both Blogger and YouTube failed to recognize the format and upload it. Boo.
Anyway, here's Levi's six-month picture with Tex:

And here are a few more pictures we've taken over the last few days. The first is Levi's 'sleepy face'. This pose, featuring limp arms, no expression, and a leaning head is a dead giveaway that it's naptime:
We took a stroll in yesterday's gorgeous weather. There was still nip in the air, so Levi had to wear his monkey hat.
It's really a shame that Levi looks nothing like his daddy.
Levi tried out his Exersaucer for the first time this morning. He quickly realized that he could turn in the seat by hooking his arms around one of the toys and pulling. Then he got stuck when he couldn't unhook his arms. Poor kid. It's a shame when your own limbs conspire against you.

I've downloaded all our vacation photos, so look for those soon...and I'm on kid watch, too. The ranch's goats are due to give birth some time this month, and I hope to get pictures of the kids soon after they arrive. I won't be working in Kid's Club day-to-day this summer, and I look forward to sitting on the sidelines while another baby goat gives a staffer a run for their money...
Lynda
1 comment:
Wonderful blog, Lynda! I love the pictures and love even more the narration. What a gift you have for putting words on a page. It makes me feel like I'm there in person experiencing every event. Thank you for that since I miss you all so much! BUT, it won't be long now....see you on the 20th!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment