Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Time Away


Levi, Rob and I got back last week from an extended trip to Texas and Oklahoma to see our families and attend a Wind River staff retreat. We were away for almost three weeks, and in that time, Levi learned how to roll over and find his feet. He's been busy! We took this picture of Levi and Tex just before Levi's four-month birthday to show how much he's grown:
Levi played nice for a little while, then tried to eat Tex:
I had a great time visiting with my best friend Stephanie, girlfriends I hadn't seen since before Levi was born, and some of our dearest friends from Tallowood. I loved watching our parents love on Levi. It was great to relax with our friends from Wind River at the staff retreat. I had a blast playing racquetball with my father-in-law. It was a complete shut-out (I was, of course, the one shut out), and I realized that it is unwise to trash-talk when you are learning to play a game. I'm a slow learner. I want a rematch, Luttrull!

Here are pictures from our time away. Levi playing:

Then napping:

Here's Levi in the swim trunks and hat that Rob and I picked out for the beach vacation we'll take next month. Pop Howell got a great grin out of Levi for the picture. Look at Levi's little frog belly!

This is Levi with his cousin Sophia. Levi looks more like Rob in this picture than any I've seen. In case you were wondering, Sophia's eyes really are that blue.


This is Levi and Pop Luttrull. Pop can get Levi to calm down and go to sleep when no one else can. Levi's two Pops can also get the best smiles out of him.


And a family picture:


This is Levi's other cousin. In a few more years, Levi is going to realize how cool his cousin is and follow him around incessantly. He has mad Wii and ripstik skills, which will only make him greater in Levi's eyes.

Now that he's rolling over and grabbing his feet, Levi's learning other tricks very quickly...lots more to post as time allows...


Lynda

2 comments:

Craig'O said...

I was wondering when some new stuff was going to go up!! Family is so much fun! I'm glad yall had a good trip! --Steph

Summer said...

wish we could have seen you guys while you were down this way! maybe soon...levi is adorable and getting so big!!!! my baby will be 1 in a few weeks...sigh.