
Two years ago today, I woke up in my apartment on my wedding day. My best friend and I headed to the salon, and afterward it was on to makeup, pictures and the ceremony. I paced in the church's foyer while our families were seated, and then they opened up the doors. I heard the Bridal Chorus and I remember thinking how strange it was that this time, the song announced my arrival. Rob stood at the end of the aisle, and I locked eyes with him. It was a good day.
Two years later, I woke up to the sound of Levi crying. I went in his room and hooted and smiled with him for a few minutes before he ate. The next fifteen minutes involved volcanic poop, spit-up, and three sneezes, all on my arms. I put Levi back in his crib to clean him up, then took him back to our bedroom to give him to his father. It's another good day.
I'm amazed at how much has changed in two years. The subtitle of the blog alludes to all these changes...new marriage, new job, new state, and new baby. I'm excited to see what changes will come over the next couple of years, and I'm thankful that they'll all happen with Rob by my side.
Lynda
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I remember that day - I have some great pictures from the salon! :-)
I can't believe 2 years has gone by! Happy Anniversary, you two!!
You two have accomplished a lot in 2 years. You've learned how to mesh your personalities and your temperments. You've learned how to downsize. You've changed your careers and added to your family. You moved from a metropolis to a small country setting. You've grown as a couple and as a family...learning to become parents...and wonderful parents, at that. I'm so proud OF you and happy FOR you!
Love,
Mom
Yes, that was a good day two years ago. I'm sorry I couldn't be there this time to help clean up the eruptions, but I can help you with that tomorrow, if there is any left on you... --Steph
You guys give a girl hope! I love you both! Happy Anniversary! Here's to at least fifty more!
Post a Comment