Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ten Months


Ten months already! Levi is getting so big! He now weighs 16 pounds, 11 ounces, and measures 28 inches. He's measured longer on prior visits, and since I know he's not shrinking, I can only conclude that measuring baby height is not an exact science. Levi has started signing 'all done' when he's full at mealtime. Sometimes he's so proud of signing that he indicates he's done when he's really not, but he gets it right more often than not. A couple of days ago, he surprised us by waving goodbye to Rob without any prodding. We didn't know he knew how to wave goodbye! He claps a lot, and really likes us to clap for him. If you clap for him, you can even convince him that it's fun to fall. Here's Levi's ten-month picture with Tex:

Every few months I go through Levi's clothes, packing away the ones that are too small and replacing them with the bigger clothes. I was thrilled this time to see that he's big enough to wear the dinosaur sleeper and hat that Rob and I picked out months before he was born. What a precious boy!


Raaaawwwwwrrrrr!


This is a picture of Rob and Levi holding a lima bean:


Why are Rob and Levi holding a lima bean? We've had so much fun showing Levi's growth next to Tex. We thought it would be fun to use Levi to show the growth of...the baby we're expecting in April! I'm eight an a half weeks pregnant, and the baby is about the size of a lima bean, hence the picture. The tentative due date is April 23rd, which would make Levi about 18 months when the new baby is born.

I'm feeling all right most days with the aid of some anti-nausea medicine. I haven't figured out what to eat that will satisfy my stomach without offending my mind. I lived on chocolate milkshakes and clam chowder last time, but just typing those words makes my stomach turn. I'll figure it out eventually, and I hope it's sooner than later.

I'm off to hunt for food...

Lynda

9 comments:

YiaYiaHowell said...

Woohooooooo! Levi's gonna be a big brother!!!! Woohoooooooo! (That was me shouting from the rooftops!) Oh, my gosh! I can't tell you how excited we are for you all. Levi is going to be such a great big brother. Thank you, God!

Love,
Mom/YiaYia

Bwyn said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I too just found out I am expecting at the tail end of April!

Yah for babies!

Rob and Lynda said...

Congratulations to you, Bronwyn! May your pregnancy be free of sickness and fatigue - in other words, may you feel as if you are not expecting, but still get a baby in April! Blessings to you, your husband, and your princess!

Rob and Lynda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer said...

Maybe HE'll :-) be born on Judah's birthday - April 25th. Judah was due on April 21st. So excited for you guys - maybe Steph and I can come visit shortly after the birth. Love you! :-)

claymonster said...

Oh man, that'll teach me not to read the whole post until 5 days later... Congratulations!!
Very exciting, you guys!
Just awesome.
Love ya,
Clay

Susan said...

We are so excited for you. I love the lime bean picture. May God keep you warm this winter and bless you with alot of energy.
Love,
Jeff, Susan, Jessica, Sarah and Carissa

singerinkitchen said...

Hello! Levi has changed SO much! Glad to see this update! Miss you!

YiaYiaHowell said...

Aren't we all missing an 11 month post?!?! I'm having blog withdrawal!

Love,
Mom