Since Levi is almost ten months old, I should probably give you all a nine month update! At his nine month checkup, Levi weighed 16 pounds, 5 ounces, and measured 28 inches. He's getting to be such a big boy, and he didn't even cry when he got his vaccinations. This is Levi's nine month picture with Tex:
And during:
He's still not aware that it's there.
He's still not aware that it's there.
He's STILL not aware that it's there. Oh, well.
Levi's learned to do so much in the last month or so. He graduated from the army crawl to the traditional, straight-arm crawl over the last week and a half. His Grandma and Pop Luttrull visited last week, and in that one week he learned to stand up in his crib, play peekaboo, wave, drink from his sippy cup, and say his first word: "oh!" (as in uh-oh, said when he drops something). Peekaboo is my favorite new skill; we can sometimes initiate a game by asking, "Where's Levi?", but mostly we realize that he wants to play when he's gotten very quiet and he's covering his eyes.
Levi and I spent some time in Texas last month, visiting family and friends. We went to meet my best friend Stephanie's newborn, Clint, and my grandmother (who goes by 'GG'). Stephanie and her husband Craig are wonderful parents, and I love how intentional they are about Clint's routines. From the start, they've practiced the same bedtime ritual, which includes a prayer and a special song that Craig wrote and plays for Clint. Their intentionality inspired us to start a bedtime routine for Levi when I returned home. Somehow, I got away without a single picture of the boys together. Shame on me.
Levi loved meeting GG. He smiled and laughed any time he heard her talk or laugh. They have quite the mutual admiration society.
One last picture...this is Levi in his new kicks. Lest you think we have more money than sense, we bought these shoes at the Nike outlet store for a super-low price, and we also bought them a size too big so that we'd get our money's worth out of them. Besides, it would be impossible for us to have more money than sense. We're very, very smart. He looks so grown up in his tennies!
We are midway through our final week-long family camp. We have a short family camp over Labor Day weekend, and then just a few weekend conferences. I can't believe how quickly this summer has passed! Over the last couple of weeks, we lost so many staff as they returned home for school that I found myself back in Kid's Club. I forgot what hard work it is! In the off-season, I'll be busy trying to write or adapt a new curriculum for next summer, then I have several little projects I want to finish, like Levi's Christmas stocking, birth announcement cross-stitch, nursery curtains, and room decorations. Something tells me that if I don't get them done by next summer, they'll never get done. I'm going to be a busy mama...
Lynda
5 comments:
Oh, my gosh! What a cutie pie! I miss him so much...oh, yeah, AND you and Rob, too, of course! OK, so I didn't notice the orange nose but did I detect a red/swollen left eye in one of those Cheerios pictues? Did Levi have a little spill and give himself a black eye? He wouldn't be a boy without a black eye sooner or later! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas or before. Love to all!
YiaYia Howell
He is adorable - getting so big! I love that age. :-) Did you check out Elijah's first day of kindergarten on my blog? Be prepared to cry thinking about Levi. :-)
Love the pictures, especially that last Cheerios one. I'm so glad I got to see Levi (and Lynda!!) on your visit to Houston. He's a great kid! Oh, and he has great parents, too.
Too bad I was not able to see Lynda and Levi! I miss ya'll!
I miss reading updates! More! More! Levi is 10 months old now...should be time for more Tex pictures!
Post a Comment