Thursday, June 18, 2009

Seven Months


We took Levi for a checkup on Monday, and found that he weighs 15 pounds, one ounce and measures 27 1/4 inches long. Here's his seven-month picture with Tex.


Levi sprouted his second tooth late last week. Like the first tooth, it's hard to see, but it's there!

He's eating like a champ - I've been pleased to see him eat whatever we give him, and he usually takes a full (baby) bowl of food each sitting. He's mastered green beans, broccoli, yellow and butternut squash, and carrots. We started on pears yesterday and we'll try apples in a few more days.

Bath time is getting to be easier and much more fun. We still bathe Levi in the kitchen sink, and when we put him in the water, he spreads his arms out across the top like he's sitting in a tiny little hot tub. Once he gets accustomed to the water, he starts kicking, and Rob and I get almost as wet as he does. Here's my clean boy, drying off.

Levi's spending lots of time in the Exersaucer these days. Whoever invented the Exersaucer is a genius, and I love him/her. He stands up the majority of the time he's in there, and his little legs are getting pretty strong. He shows no interest in trying to sit up, but he tries to pull his body up when he worms over to the couch or the Exersaucer. Do babies ever pull up before they sit up?


And now for the real reason I wanted to post today - this is my new favorite picture. I got this picture because our little narcissist looooves looking at himself in the mirror. Rob got him to mug in the mirror and I leaned in and grabbed a shot. Look at my handsome men!


We're about to finish week 3 of family camp here at the ranch. It's going by so fast - we'll be one quarter of the way through on Saturday. Last summer went quickly, but this one is flying. I'm already sad about seeing the staff leave at the end of the summer. Since most of them are in college and nearing graduation, we never know if they'll be back. They're so much fun, and it's exciting to hear them talk about the things that God is doing in them and through them. It's a great time of life, and I love living it vicariously through them.

Well, there's a bag of popcorn fresh from the microwave, and if I don't run, I won't get any. The Luttrulls love them some popcorn!

Lynda

2 comments:

claymonster said...

As usual, great pictures! Levi is looking great. I hope your Bluetooth issues are all sorted out by now (ha!)
Love you guys!
Clay

YiaYiaHowell said...

Oh, my gosh! There is not a cuter baby boy in the world! I'm glad to here he's eating so well but it makes me think of Gethro...before long, he's going to be eating you out of house and home! That picture makes it look like Rob grew a twin head. Has one little boy ever looked more like his Daddy?!?! You're going to have to have another...this one has got to look like you...just for good measure. You don't want Rob having all the power! It's going to go to his head! Oh my gosh, how precious! I can't wait to see and play with him again...Levi, that is!
Love,
YiaYia