It's a balmy 30 degrees here at the ranch. We've had some snow flurries and there's frost on the pines. We're snug and warm in the house; Rob is putting together Levi's changing table, I'm monitoring a pot of beans on the stove, and Aggie is napping in a chair. I like the off- season!
Last week, I went hiking for the first time time since we moved. Rob and I hiked Ouzel Falls in Rocky Mountain National Park. It's not an intense hike, but it is a little long (5.4 mi). I felt fine until the last half mile, when I began to believe that my legs just might fall off my body. Here's a picture from early in the hike:
Yesterday, we said goodbye to our friends who came for the inaugural Spousetacular. For the past few years, Rob has come up to the ranch for a week in the Fall with some guys to hike and do other man-things - I call it the Mancation. This year, the guys brought their wives (yay!), and the Spousetacular was born. We spent the last three days hiking, dining out, talking, and learning to play Forty-Two. I hope that there are many returns of the Spousetacular.
We hiked Emerald Lake with our friends this week. It was a beautiful hike full of golden aspen and views of three other lakes along the way. The lake water is crystal clear and we watched several trout swimming close to the shore. This is Emerald Lake:
I know that in the last post I said I was ready for the baby to arrive, but now I'm really ready for the baby to arrive. I had to use my legs as leverage, swinging them over the side of the bed, to get up each of the 1,000 times I had to use the bathroom last night. I realize that I'm only mildly uncomfortable most of the time, but should a girl really have to use her legs as leverage to get out of bed? For those who have asked, here is the latest belly picture, taken last night. I am now in my 33rd week.
Feel free to admire my supercool new thermal shirt - it has stars on it! I'm afraid there's only so much stretch in the yellow tank top...
Lynda
3 comments:
You both look so happy and healthy! Colorado agrees with you. (Do you know how hard it is to say that?!?!) What a little baby bump! You are so blessed! You won't have to work really, really hard to get your preganacy weight off or get your figure back. I'm so pleased for you all. You're not "really ready" on your own. I can't wait to get the call to "come on down!" (I mean UP.) I love you guys and can't wait to see our grandson.
Love, Mom (YiaYia)
Okay, now you're starting to look pregnant but you're still so tiny - you look great! I can't believe he'll be here in about 7 weeks! We need to catch each other on the phone soon...I want to know what your birth plan is, etc. I love to know details like that. :-) I'll have to come visit you with Steph sometime...Colorado is beautiful by the pictures!
Summer,
I finished creating my plan today; the nurses are going to LOVE me. I'll have to share it with you to see how realistic I'm thinking about things...
I hope that you can come visit some time!
Lynda
Post a Comment