Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Overheard at the Climbing Wall...
So, I was working the climbing wall on Monday afternoon. I sit on top of the wall and send people down the zip line - it makes for a fun afternoon. It was time to go so I was taking the equipment down and packing it in my backpack. The kids are always curious to know how I get on the wall (I climb up the tree beside the wall - there are large staples embedded in the tree deeper than Christiane Amanpour) and how I get down (I either climb down the tree, repel, or zip down).
On this day, I was going to zip down. As I was making my final preparations, I heard one child say to the other, "Hey look, the old guy is going to do the zip-line."
Thanks, kid.
Rob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm beginning to notice a trend. At least it isn't "Overheard at the swimming pool...". :)
Well, I don't think you look a day over 26.
hahahaha...sorry Rob but this is just precious.
However, let me even the playing field. Having been a teacher of small children I KNOW first hand how often they say whatever it is that comes out of their mouths.
I have a rather large mole on my chin, its been there since I can remember. What hasn't always been there though is this ridiculously thick white hair that keeps growing in it no matter how many times I pluck it. This started happening at about my 24th year, and I was horrified. Because I don't have the best vision in the world I don't always see the pesky offender until its long enough for another person to notice. Well on just such an occasion one of my students came up to my desk to give me a hug. She leans in, then stops dead with the most disgusted look on her face ever. She looks at me pointedly and says:
"Miss Stephanie, you have a hair in your mold!"
yeah. That was one of those top moments in my life!
Did you spit on them on your way down, and say "Oh yeah...well take that!"? That's what I'd have done. :) We miss you guys!
Will
Post a Comment